Recycle Your Brother Supplies In Three Easy Steps
Brother is committed to reducing landfill waste by reusing parts, recycling materials and conserving energy.
To recycle your Ink, Toner, Drum or P-touch cartridges:
Pack:Repackage the empty item using packaging items from the new item to protect the unit during shipping
Print:Print a free pre-paid Brother Smart Label through your Brother Account
Ship:Secure the label to the box and return via USPS personnel or location
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs
- Do I have to print out a new label if my toner cartridge came with a Newgistics USPS® SmartLabel®?
- As a convenience to customers, a return shipping label is included with many of our toners. If you find a Newgistics USPS SmartLabel® in the box your toner arrived in, please use it to send the used toner back to Brother instead of printing a new label.
- What do I do if my toner cartridge came with a FedEx label inside?
- Pack the used toner cartridge for return as indicated above and attach the FedEx® label, which comes with some older Brother toners. You can return the toner to us using any FedEx® location. If you wish to use USPS® to return your empty cartridge, please follow the instructions above for creating a SmartLabel®.
- Which label should I use if my toner came with a UPS® label and a Newgistics USPS SmartLabel®?
- As an added convenience to our business customers, we now include UPS® labels in select toner cartridge boxes. If your business is already a UPS® customer, use this label to recycle toner and include this package in your regular pickups. If you are a home-based consumer/business or a business that does not ship via UPS®, please use the Newgistics USPS SmartLabel® and follow the instructions above for return.
- Who should I contact if I am having problems printing a label from the website?
- Contact Brother customer service.
- Can I photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel®?
- No. It is against U.S. Postal Service regulations to photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel®. Please generate a new SmartLabel® for each return shipment.
- Can I use these services to recycle my cartridges if I live outside the United States?
- If you are not located in the U.S., please go to our global site to find out about your country’s recycling programs.
- How can I print a shipping label?
- You can Create a USPS SmartLabel® through your Brother account for free shipping. Simply login to create your FREE shipping label today!